The British Hydropower Association (BHA) is the only UK trade body solely representing the interests of the UK hydropower industry and its associated stakeholders at regional, national and global levels. The BHA is not government-funded and anyone involved in, or with an interest in hydropower should be a member of the association.
Membership of the BHA is very diverse and our members include design and consulting engineers in all disciplines, developers/owners, contractors, operators, all-scale generators, equipment and component manufacturers and suppliers, project managers, financiers and investors, insurers and environmental specialists.
On behalf of our members, the BHA;
- Acts as a unified voice for the industry, providing opportunities to influence responses to public and industry consultations
- Participates in credible work and industry liaison groups to address specific issues in order to formulate solutions
- Assists with the delivery of key initiatives, guidance and provide specialist advice and expertise
- Conducts research and disseminate information, commercial and market intelligence, and news bulletins quickly and effectively so that members can keep abreast of developments within the industry
- Provides networking opportunities and a forum for effective dialogue between members, the industry and other stakeholder groups