Energy Programme Manager – Dwr Cymru
This role leads a team of technical specialists, and this team is responsible for managing the programme of energy projects, which includes the following:
• Capital investment projects to decrease energy consumption & increase renewable energy generation, funded by the energy investment business case (£22.5 M)
• Site optimisation, i.e. optimise the efficiency & resilience of our operational Welsh water assets by working closely with process science and MEI colleagues, your team will analyse existing energy and operational data, conduct site energy audits and develop plans to optimise the energy efficiency of those sites whilst maintaining regulatory compliance
• Coordination and reporting of the carbon reduction projects (operational & embedded) that support the delivery of our Net Zero strategy
Working closely with our capital delivery teams and internal customers you will oversee the progress of the projects to ensure that they are being delivered in a timely fashion, to achieve the required operational cost savings and the AMP7 MOS of increasing our energy self-sufficiency to
35% and develop the plans with other members of the energy team to increase this to 50% by 2030 in AMP8.
You will demonstrate the confidence and level of knowledge to represent the team and Dŵr Cymru both within the business and, in particular, to external stakeholders (e.g. planning authorities and regulators). Encourage a continued strong focus on a delivering the program in a timely manner to
achieve the energy cost reductions & continued de-carbonisation for DCWW.
For more details visit our website – Read More
Glen Hydro Consulting
Operational Support Manager
An opportunity has arisen for a suitably experienced individual with an engineering or hydro background to join Glen Hydro Consulting to support the ongoing growth of our service providing operational and administrative support to hydro schemes across Scotland.
We are seeking applicants with experience of overseeing the operation or service delivery of hydro schemes up to 5MW. Ideally the candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Familiar with the use of industrial control systems including PLC, HMI, SCADA
- Thorough understanding of the principles of run of river hydro scheme operation including: the principles of plant operation and control, mechanical components, electrical components
- Proven track record in fault finding
- Analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Advanced user of MS Excel
- Excellent communication skills including report writing
- Ability to consistently and reliably follow processes
- Excellent record keeping
The role is full time and either based at our offices in Blairgowrie or home based within Scotland. The role will require regular travel throughout Scotland, on average 1-2 days per week. Whilst the role is primarily focussed on the delivery of operational support services for our clients, there will be the opportunity to be involved in the wider work of Glen Hydro for the right candidate.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
If the role is of interest, please send your CV including current renumeration package and any other relevant details to email@example.com.