The latest jobs from members of the BHA will be listed on this page
COMMISSIONING ENGINEER – ELECTRICAL
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Electrical Commissioning Engineer to join our well-established engineering organisation, based in our head office in Kendal, Cumbria.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will work as part of a small busy team, responsible for commissioning hydro equipment, ensuring it works to the design/specification, undertaking service and inspection work, and providing electrical support to the Engineering department.
What you will need to succeed…
The right candidate for this roe will have:
- PLC/HMI programming experience, with experience in Allen Bradley (PLC) and Red Lion (HMI) preferred.
- Experience of job specific software tools, including PLC, Governor, AVR programming, remote comms etc.
- Ability to organise and prioritise work within the overall project schedules, actively driving progress to meet deadlines.
- Working on site to commission and service electrical systems and hydro equipment.
- Practical ability to handle field work in pressurised working environments.
- Troubleshooting and the ability to diagnose and solve complex control system problems.
- Ensuring that Gilkes designs and installations are safe and in conformance with regulations.
- Ability to understand and review schematic drawings and layouts, in order to ensure correct manufacture.
- Ability to carry out factory testing of control panels.
- Create documentation for validation of machine performance and handover to customer.
- Actively drive continuous improvement within the commissioning process.
- Required to perform roles outside of engineering as and when the company requires it.
- Design and specification of electrical control equipment for rotating machines.
- Design, specification and testing of HV and LV switchgear and protections.
- Embedded generation and network compliance standards (G99 / P28).
- A high level of engineering ability, either through qualification (degree desirable) or relevant experience (HNC minimum).
- At least three years relevant professional experience in an engineering / manufacturing role.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team working skills within a small office environment.
- Proven ability to successfully build and manage relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Logical, methodical and systematic approach to work processes.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to deadlines.
- Conscious knowledge of workplace Health and safety, promoting a Safety-First Attitude.
- Strong computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel).
The role will require both frequent UK and Overseas travel
In return we offer a generous benefits package including:
- Salary £27,000 – £39,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Generous pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 37.5 hours per week (Monday to Friday)
- Life Assurance
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Great retailer discount benefits
To apply: Please email your CV with a covering letter to the HR Department firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies. Direct applications only. Closing date for applications: 25th June 2021.