Celebrating 30 years of design, management and operations of small hydro in the midst of a pandemic is not the easiest thing to do!
However, our team ‘does’ difficult, innovative, quality and speed…and we are looking to expand our team.
Senior Electrical/Control Technician
Location: West Coast Scotland (between Glasgow and Inverness)
OM-3 (part of the Hydroplan Group) is a UK based Asset Management Company focused on delivering value for small hydropower schemes through Operations, Maintenance, Monitoring and Management.
We are looking for an experienced technician with an electrical, control, hydraulic background to join a team that delivers scheduled and unscheduled maintenance programmes for clients across Scotland.
The ideal candidate will be able to successfully undertake fault finding, repair and maintenance activities of hydropower plants, including PLC control, hydraulic and communication systems, single phase/three-phase electrical components and generators.
Qualifications and Experience
- A relevant qualification (degree, HND, level 3 HNC, City & Guilds or equivalent).
- 5 years+ experience working in the E&M service sector.
- Strong troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- A full UK driving licence.
Key Desirable Skills
- Experience working in the hydro or renewable generation industry.
- PLC Control systems experience.
- Experience with training juniors/apprentices would be an advantage
- Some mechanical experience would be useful.
- Able to work under pressure and in remote areas.
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills.
- Proactive and ability to be flexible in a changing environment.
What we are offering
- The opportunity to work within a dedicated team that provides a unique service.
- The use of company vehicle, equipment and tools.
- Competitive salary and company pension.
To apply, please send your CV to email@example.com