The latest jobs from members of the BHA will be listed on this page
Hydro Electrical Engineer – Gilkes
Reporting to the Hydro Engineering Manager, the Hydro Electrical Engineer is responsible for electrical design/specification and review, commissioning hydro equipment, undertaking service and inspection work, and for providing electrical design support to the project engineering teams.
The role will require both UK and overseas travel.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide electrical expertise into the design and sales processes to ensure that control, automation and power equipment conforms to customer requirements whilst complying with the relevant statutory legislation.
- Ensure the delivery of refurbishment and upgrade work, taking into account; specification, time and resource constraints.
- Attend site to commission and service hydro equipment.
- Testing and validation of control and power equipment; troubleshoot and analyse control/power system faults.
- Checking schematic drawings, layouts, in order to ensure correct manufacture.
- Organising and prioritising work within the overall project schedules.
- Create documentation for validation of machine performance and handover to customer.
Skills, Experience & Knowledge
- An electrical engineering qualification (degree preferred) together with at least three years relevant professional experience in an engineering / manufacturing role.
- Experience with design/specification of electrical equipment.
- The ability to diagnose and solve complex control problems.
- Working knowledge of PLC control systems.
- Experience with power equipment, including switchgear.
- Good organisational skills, and the ability to work to deadlines.
- Practical ability to handle field work.
- Awareness of the need for safety for themselves and others.
- The ability to communicate well with people, internally and externally.
- PLC/HMI programming experience, with experience in Allen Bradley (PLC) and Red Lion (HMI) preferred.
- HV / LV switchgear and protections design/specification experience, particularly with rotating machinery and power generation.
Conditions of employment are excellent and are in keeping with a modern progressive employer and include competitive salary, excellent company stakeholder pension, and generous sick pay scheme. Extended travel attracts a 40% salary uplift! We also offer you an opportunity to live and work in the Lake District, England’s largest National Park and a World Heritage Site!
If you are interested in the role, and you meet the criteria above, please follow the link below. All applications will be considered in absolute confidence.
The deadline for applications is Monday 13 January 2020, with interviews to take place soon after.
AGENCIES – Do not duplicate this advert. No speculative approaches from agencies will be considered. Unless we have explicitly requested your company to send us CVs in respect of a specific vacancy, we will consider any unsolicited CVs we receive to be a ‘free gift’, with no fees liable whatsoever.