Job Title – Field Engineer
To deliver an operation and maintenance function to existing and new
sites (primarily Hydroelectric schemes). This role will require
extensive experience of electrical and mechanical crafts and will
involve fault diagnosis and correction of complex systems.
Line management & Departmental Administration:
Active participation in team, department & company meetings as
Enter timesheet & Expense data.
Project and Contract Management:
Undertaking O&M inspection visits.
Undertake onsite and remote fault analysis and rectification of hydro
On call support for Hydro schemes out of hours on a rota basis as
Supervision, training and supporting caretakers and sub-contractors in
trouble shooting and routine maintenance activities.
Support and assist with O&M management of sites.
Undertake completion of any necessary paperwork, reporting and
database upkeep as required.
Routinely undertake monitoring of sites via SCADA systems.
Prepare O&M design and/or specifications.
Write service schedules/RAMS.
Organise site specific logistics as required.
Ensue ordering of components to meet service schedules.
Site supervision of small build/refurbishment work.
To apply please see website advert
SYSTEMS ENGINEER – TIDEC
In Tidetec we have developed what we believe to be the concept for two-way hydropower, such as tidal, in the most cost-effective way possible in the world. We are now expanding our Technical team to present the value of our products to various hydropower and energy industries.
The Systems Engineer in Tidetec is responsible for taking control of the systems engineering of the Tidetec turning mechanism and take responsibilities with all stakeholders involved in the systems engineering team.
- Monitoring and managing all installed systems and infrastructure – be the system architecture
- Establish, configure, test, and maintain operating systems
- Evaluate the existing systems and provide the technical direction to technical team
- Oversee the constant availability of technical solutions
- Maintain and supervise the inventory
- Prepare technical requirements, specifications, drawings, and documentation
- Modelling of technical solutions
- Excellent presenting, listening and objection handling skills
- A genuine passion for technology. Not intimidated by other disciplines, or the prospect of learning something new
- Good interpersonal skills and openness to feedback
- Good understanding of systems engineering and prototyping practices
- Ability to multi-task, while being systems engineer and remaining flexible to the needs of the business part
- Good understanding of 3D CAD software
- Excellent command of English is required
What we offer
- A young, motivated team and a great working environment
- An opportunity to be a part of a developer of the most effective tidal turbine technology
- Competitive benefits (Salary, vacation, Flexible working hours etc.)
Does the thought of working with Tidetec make you ecstatic? And are you willing to give it all to join us? Please send your application to email@example.com with the following content:
- A short motivational letter telling us what triggers you about Tidetec and clearly describe why we should choose you.
- Attachments: CV and other relevant information that show us why you are the perfect team member.
Location: Oslo, Norway.
Celebrating 30 years of design, management and operations of small hydro in the midst of a pandemic is not the easiest thing to do!
However, our team ‘does’ difficult, innovative, quality and speed…and we are looking to expand our team.
Senior Electrical/Control Technician
Location: West Coast Scotland (between Glasgow and Inverness)
OM-3 (part of the Hydroplan Group) is a UK based Asset Management Company focused on delivering value for small hydropower schemes through Operations, Maintenance, Monitoring and Management.
We are looking for an experienced technician with an electrical, control, hydraulic background to join a team that delivers scheduled and unscheduled maintenance programmes for clients across Scotland.
The ideal candidate will be able to successfully undertake fault finding, repair and maintenance activities of hydropower plants, including PLC control, hydraulic and communication systems, single phase/three-phase electrical components and generators.
Qualifications and Experience
- A relevant qualification (degree, HND, level 3 HNC, City & Guilds or equivalent).
- 5 years+ experience working in the E&M service sector.
- Strong troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
- A full UK driving licence.
Key Desirable Skills
- Experience working in the hydro or renewable generation industry.
- PLC Control systems experience.
- Experience with training juniors/apprentices would be an advantage
- Some mechanical experience would be useful.
- Able to work under pressure and in remote areas.
- Excellent client-facing and communication skills.
- Proactive and ability to be flexible in a changing environment.
What we are offering
- The opportunity to work within a dedicated team that provides a unique service.
- The use of company vehicle, equipment and tools.
- Competitive salary and company pension.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org