The British Hydropower Association (BHA) is the leading trade membership association solely representing the interests of the UK hydropower industry (from micro to large scale) and its associated stakeholders in the wider community, both in the UK and overseas.
Our Mission Statement is translated into clear objectives, enabling specific outcomes in line with our vision. They are to be a vehicle for:
- Effective lobbying of government and other agencies/NGOs
- Liaison with and monitoring of government and other agencies
- Co-ordination of events and creation of marketing an networking opportunities
- Developing export opportunities for the industry
- Providing a technical, regulatory and political information source
- Promoting hydropower – increasing awareness of its quality and scope both at home and overseas