BHA Sponsoring Members
Hydropower - Protecting the environment - supporting rural communities
Protecting the environment - supporting rural communities
Hydropower, or water power, is one of the most reliable, predictable and least environmentally intrusive of all the renewable energy technologies and the BHA strives to ensure that the full potential and associated economic and community benefits are fully realised.
The BHA is the only UK trade membership association focusing solely on the demands of the hydropower sector, and we represent the best interests of our growing membership, who in turn can call upon us for independent and experienced advice. We actively promote and campaign for hydropower in the UK to increase the awareness of its quality and scope, on a global scale.
Membership of the association is open to all commercial organisations, academia, charities, community groups and individuals involved with or interest in hydropower. Our membership is diverse, covering all sizes and types of hydropower.
To join the BHA and enjoy the many benefits of membership, please click here
I hope that you will find the content on our website of value and interest. Here you will find a wide range of information on the progress of the oldest renewable technology in the world, which is now driving an industry with some unique aspects:
- The highest UK content of any major renewables technology
- Utilising the UK’s most abundant natural resource - water
- Skilled and experienced engineering and consulting based in the UK
- Benefitting predominantly rural and often fragile communities with significant yet unobtrusive investment
- Providing remarkable value for money – in many cases installations can continue with minor refurbishments for 50-80 years or even longer
The hydropower sector in the UK is going through a challenging phase, whilst at the same time providing plenty of opportunity to develop hydropower projects which previously would have been unviable. Many businesses, local communities and individuals are involved and playing their part in the fight against climate change.
Simon Hamlyn - Chief Executive Officer